Concrete is a durable material if treated properly. All of our concrete surfaces are sealed prior to shipment in order to add an extra layer of protection. However, if treated improperly, the concrete can be stained, etched, or abraded. It is best to use a dry, or damp cloth to wipe the surface as needed.
Please follow the instructions listed below in order to best care for your concrete surface:
- Wipe up all spills immediately
- Clean with a neutral cleaner, or a mild liquid dishwashing detergent and warm water
- Use trivets or mats under hot dishes and cookware
- Use placemats under china, ceramics, silver and other objects that can scratch the surface
- Use coasters under glasses, especially if they contain alcohol or citrus juices
- Don’t use cleaners that contain acid such as bathroom cleaners, grout cleaners or tub cleaners
- Don’t use vinegar, bleach, ammonia or other general-purpose cleaners
- Don’t use scouring powders and abrasives because they will scratch the surface
The rubber exterior can be cleaned using non chemical cleaners that are not oil based. A damp cloth with soapy water is best as needed.
The brass has been polished and lightly lacquered to prevent tarnish during fabrication. If tarnishing occurs, polish the brass using a brass cleaner while avoiding touching the concrete and rubber parts of the piece.